The Department of Migrant Workers has issued a statement regarding the summary of projects and programs of the department for the Filipino migrant workers. The issuance, posted on June 23, 2022, comes from the Office of the Secretary of the Department of Migrant Workers and features projects such as the building of OFW hospitals in other regions in the Philippines, setting up access to OFW Banks, abolishment of OEC payment fee, training, financial management etc.
The Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) is committed to protect and promote the rights and welfare of Filipino migrant workers. In line with this, the department has implemented various programs and projects that aim to uplift the lives of our kababayans abroad.
List of DMW Projects for Migrant Workers
Please see the details of the press statement below:
The effectivity of Republic Act 11641 or the Department of Migrant Workers Act paved the way for the realization of the proposed programs and projects for the newly-constituted Department. The summary of the proposed programs and projects of the DMW is encapsulated below:
- Building of Regional OFW Hospitals
- Provision of Primary health care in Field Units (Regional offices and MWOs)
- Accessibility of Overseas Filipino bank desks in high traffic field units
- Training of the Quick Response Teams to effectively respond to the needs of the OFWs
- Installation of payment centers in one-stop shop centers in the Regional Offices
- Review and determination of corrective steps (if needed) for Bilateral and Multilateral labor agreements
- Engagement of local businesses or foreign chambers of commerce for generation of job opportunities here and abroad, as well for targeted training of OFWs for global competitiveness
- Streamlining of the system for a unified data of the OFWs
- Training for Financial Management for OFWs and the families left behind
- Subsidized Rate for Philhealth and Insurance Policy
- Re-evaluation and expansion of the existing scholarship grants for the dependents of the OFWs
- Abolishment of the mandatory payment for Overseas Employment Certificates (OECs)
- Reintegration of OFWs through collaboration with different business sectors
As you can see, there are a lot of programs and projects that the DMW is working on to help our kababayans who are working abroad. We hope that with these initiatives, our OFWs will be able to lead more comfortable and prosperous lives.
Please be guided that these projects are still subject to change, as the DMW is still in the process of finalizing its programs and projects. We will make sure to update you once we have more information. You may also check out this list of online services for Filipinos to use online.
The Department of Migrant Workers has been working hard to come up with programs and projects that will help improve the lives of Filipino migrant workers.
The summary of these projects, which you can see in the press statement, are still subject to change as they are still being finalized. We will make sure to update you once we have more information. In the meantime, please be guided that these projects are still important initiatives that the DMW is working on and we hope that with your support, they will be able to bring positive change to the lives of our OFWs.
With your support, we can make these programs and projects a reality.
Check out the full statement below: