OEC Appointment Hong Kong OFW Balik Manggagawa Certificate

The Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) is a document that is required by the Philippine government for Filipino citizens who are working abroad. In Hong Kong, this OEC certificate serves as an exit clearance and ensures that the worker has all of the necessary documents and clearances before leaving the country.

Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in Hong Kong should be aware of the process for acquiring an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) before they leave for their job abroad. The OEC is issued by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) and is a requirement for all OFWs.

Please follow the guidelines below on the procedures of OEC Balik Manggagawa online processing and appointment system for Hong Kong OFWs.

apply for oec certificate hong kong balik manggagawa ofw


The following individuals are qualified to process the OEC.

  • Directly employed Filipino workers by an international employer
  • Individuals who are employed by a recruitment agency
  • OFWs employed by POEA’s Government Placement Branch (GPB)


Each document should be submitted in two (2) copies: an original and a duplicate or photocopy.

Basic Document Requirements

  • Printed Online Appointment (POPS-BAM)
  • Printed Balik-Manggagawa Information Sheet
  • Passport (valid for at least six months) from departure date
  • Verified Employment Contract
  • Certificate of Employment
  • Valid Work Visa, Work Permit, or any equivalent document
  • Confirmed Airline Ticket
  • Valid OWWA Membership
  • OEC fees

What Should I do Before Applying for an OEC in DMW POLO Office Hong Kong?

You must prepare the documents before going to POLO Hong Kong Office; otherwise you will only waste your time. Here’s what you should consider:

1. Philippine labor laws and regulations prohibit foreign employers from directly recruiting Filipino workers, so you should determine if you qualify for an exemption from the restriction on direct employment. 

The employer must hire you through a POEA-accredited recruitment agency. However, some firms are exempt from the restriction on the direct hiring of OFWs. These include:

  • Employers of Professional and Skilled Workers with Verified or Authenticated Employment Contracts that Comply with POEA Standards
  • Foreign Diplomats
  • Heads of State and High-ranking Government Officials
  • International Organizations
  • Lower-ranking officials from the first three items who are approved by the POLO
  • Residents of the host nation who are permanent residents and who hire their family members, excluding domestic workers

2. Prepare all the required documents. As soon as you have confirmed that your employer is exempt from the direct hiring restriction, get everything ready right away.

How to Get an OEC Appointment in Hong Kong (POPS-BAM System)

Prior to visiting POLO Hong Kong office, an OEC appointment is required.

Follow these instructions to quickly make an appointment. Keep in mind that having an online appointment simplifies things because the government workers can immediately verify your information.

Step 1: Visit the POEA Online Service Website here – https://onlineservices.dmw.gov.ph//onlineservices/poeaonline.aspx

Step 2: Click the “Let’s go” button on e-Registration

Step 3: Click on “Register” for new users (just log in if you already have an account) and click the “I accept the terms of use” button.

Step 4: Fill in the required information and then click register (a message will display indicating that your registration was “Successful”)

Step 5: Log in to the email address you provided when you registered (there is a message containing your “temporary password”)

Step 6: Return to the link provided in Step 1 and login using the registered email address, then click “next.”

Step 7: Use the temporary password sent to your email, then click “log in.”

Step 8: Set your preferred password.

Step 9: Update your profile by clicking “My Profile,” after completing your profile, click “Update Profile” on the upper right side of the page

Step 10: Input your identification data (passport) and beneficiary on your profile

Step 11: Click the “Balik-Manggagawa” on your dashboard then click the “Next” button

Step 12: Enter your return flight date then click the “Next” button

Step 13: You will be asked about whether you are returning to the same employer, jobsite, and position if you are a returning BM.

If so, you can print your OEC exemption immediately.

If not, go to step 9 instead (change employer or new BM)

Step 14: Input all your contract details then click the “Submit” button

Step 15: Select your host country as processing site then click the “Next” button

Step 16: Choose and select your preferred appointment date

Step 17: Take a screenshot and print your scheduled appointment date

How to Apply for Overseas Employment Certificate in Hong Kong

Step 1: Gather all of the necessary requirements.

Step 2: Go to POLO Hong Kong office on your scheduled appointment day. Show your approved appointment letter, valid ID, and full dose vaccination card / certificate to the assigned security personnel.

Step 3: The assigned security personnel will check your name to the list of approved appointments for the day. To avoid long lines, bring the complete set of requirements.

Step 4: Get a token number from the assigned personnel.

Step 5: Go to the processing window and submit your documents.

Step 6: Pay for OEC fees.

Step 7: Wait for the OEC processor’s advice before printing your OEC in POPS-BAM System. Make sure that all the information and details in your OEC are correct and in line with your credentials.

Step 8: Sign into your POPS-BAM account and select “Print OEC” from the “My Transaction Tab” menu.

Important Reminders

  • Avoid using non-English characters, such as Chinese, Korean, Japanese, or Arabic, when filling out online forms. This will delay the processing of your OEC. Therefore, make sure you enter only English characters.
  • You are only permitted to acquire an OEC once every time you visit the Philippines. Getting more than one OEC simultaneously is not allowed.
  • Just remember to bring three copies of your OEC to the airport on the day you departure.
  • Please keep in mind that the OEC can only be used for sixty (60) days beginning on the day it was issued.
  • If a worker leaves the Philippines without an OEC, they might not be able to finish their check-in or they might be stopped by an immigration official before they leave. Prior to departing, you must make sure that you have this document with you at all times.
  • Balik-Manggagawa OFWs must also present a copy of the contract they have with their company, along with their plane ticket and any other necessary travel documents.
  • Once the OFW has all the proper documents, they can head to the airport and show the OEC to the immigration official there. OFWs that have an OEC can travel without issue and know that they are complying with all legal obligations related to their employment.
  • Feel free to call +852 2866 0640 / +852 2865 2445 / +852 5529 1880 (hotline), Sunday to Thursday – 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Closed on Hong Kong and Philippines public holidays).

Video: Documents that we need in going home.. HONG KONG TO PHILIPPINES

To learn more about the documents required by OFWswhen returning to Hong Kong, see this video vlog post by “bingbing tot “.

In this video, the vlogger mentions how OEC is one of the important documents required while returning to Hong Kong. Spend some time watching it to learn some helpful tips!

Video: Hong Kong OFW Shares Experience about online appointment Balik Manggagawa Process

Here’s another video uploaded by another Filipina in HK about the process on Balik Manggagawa OEC certificate appointment. Check it out here:

Frequently Asked Questions

If you have any further questions regarding “How to Process OEC in Hong Kong”, see the list of frequently asked questions and answers below.

1. Who can get OEC exemption?

The following requirements must all be met in order for a Balik-Manggagawas to be exempt from acquiring an OEC:

  • Has a valid work visa or work permit
  • Returning to the same employer and workplace
  • Has a record in the POEA database (Has previously received an OEC at any POEA offices or facilities, including the POEA main office, extension units, regional offices, POLO offices abroad, and BM mall processing centers)

2. Are OFWs allowed to travel without an OEC?

No. All OFWs leaving the Philippines, whether they are returning employees or new workers, must acquire an OEC.

The OEC serves as an exit clearance; therefore if you try to leave the country without it, Immigration will stop you. Additionally, you are excused from paying the terminal fee and travel tax thanks to this certificate.

3. How long is an OEC or OEC Exemption Number valid?

From the date of issuance, the OEC or OEC Exemption Number is valid for 60 days. You are required by POEA to obtain this as a Balik-Manggagawa before returning to your employer.

4. Is my OEC valid for many uses?

OEC or OEC Exemption Number is only intended for one use. Once you have given it to Immigration, it cannot be used again.

5. Why does the system want my most recent OEC number? What does it mean?

The most recent transaction record you have with POEA is your most recent OEC number. This information is required by the system in order to get your record and most recent employment information.

6. What happens if I forget my OEC number?

You will be redirected by the system to the APPOINTMENT page, where you must manually visit POEA to process your OEC.

7. What should I do if I lose my OEC?

Log in to your POPS-BAM account and reprint your OEC.

8. Where can I settle my OEC fee?

  • You can pay your fees in a number of ways, including:
  • Globe G-cash
  • Over-the-counter thru Banks
  • Over-the-counter thru Bayad Centers
  • Online Banking
  • POLO Hong Kong office

Instructions on how to complete the payment process will be sent to you through email.

9. What is the POLO Hong Kong’s office hour?

The POLO office in Hong Kong is open Sunday to Thursday – 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Closed on Hong Kong and Philippines public holidays).

10. What is POLO Hong Kong’s address?

POLO Hong Kong’s address is Philippine Overseas Labor Office, 2902 29/F, United Centre, 95 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong.

11. What is POLO Hong Kong’s hotline number?

You can reach the POLO Hong Kong office at +852 2866 0640 / +852 2865 2445 / +852 5529 1880 (hotline).


Don’t forget to apply for an OEC through the POLO office in Hong Kong if you’re planning a vacation to the Philippines and return overseas within 60 days. Instead of visiting a POLO or POEA office, you can apply for an OEC exemption online if you are returning to the same company and job site.

So this is the process on How to Process OEC in Hong Kong. If you have any further questions, please reach out to the POLO office in Hong Kong for more information. To ensure a smooth application procedure, follow to the above procedures.

Contact Information

POLO-OWWA DMW Office Hong Kong
Opening Hours: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm (Mon-Thu), 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (Sun)
Address: 2902 29/F, United Centre, 95 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong
OWWA Hong Kong Hotline Number: (+852) 6345 9324
POLO Hong Kong Hotline Number: (+852) 5529 1880
Website: https://www.polo-hongkong.com/
Email Address: info@polo-hk.com
Facebook Account: https://www.facebook.com/POLOHONGKONGSAR

Google Map Location

Below is a map of the POLO/DMW office in Hong Kong

error: Content is protected !!