Along with the other Philippine government agencies, the Overseas Workers Welfare Association (OWWA) is leveraging its resources to get its services across more prominent communities of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs). Thanks, in part, to the creation of the OWWA Mobile App.
It wasn’t that long ago when most transactions were carried out face-to-face with the workforce from the government agencies concerned. Since the global health crisis started, these offices transitioned to building online infrastructures, effectively moving their services to a more significant, more accessible online environment.
The move produced government-managed web apps and mobile apps like that OWWA’s mobile app, proving that to these agencies, neither the pandemic nor the tight budget allocations were going to stand in the way of the Filipino people receiving the service they deserve.
With the OWWA Mobile App, OWWA hopes to extend its services to its Filipino members more effectively. For the workers who rely on the support of their membership to OWWA, this mobile app is very useful in streamlining the disbursement of their services. In this guide, we will share the steps and requirements you will need to know to register for the OWWA mobile app and avail of the services the agency offers.
What is OWWA Mobile App?
The OWWA Mobile App is an OWWA-managed online application engineered by the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) to make it easier for OFWs to access their existing programs, benefits, and services regardless of location. The OWWA mobile app is free for download on both Google Play Store and Apple Store.
With this mobile app, OFWs can check their membership status, verify their employment contract, register and renew their membership, and receive updates about their new policies, announcements, programs, and services. The app makes it easier for the OFW members of OWWA to receive the service they deserve.
List of Features and Services of the OWWA Mobile App
By downloading the OWWA Mobile App, OFW users can expect the use of the following features, services, and in-app options:
- Access OWWA profile
- Check your latest employment contract
- Verify the status of OWWA membership
- Renew OWWA membership
- Pay for OWWA membership fee, contributions, and other fees
- Access the OWWA transaction history
- View and check the OWWA payment history
- Check the FAQs and Important OWWA details and contact information.
- View your passport page
- View the OWWA project details and contact information
For OFWs to have access to these features and services without leaving the comfort of their favorite place or their homes or offices, the first step is to ensure that the OFW is an OWWA member. Before that can happen, they need to learn what it takes to be one.
We listed the qualifications and requirements that OFW members need to be able to use and access the OWWA Mobile App.
The OWWA Mobile App is not an application designed for everyone, and it’s an app specifically designed and created for OFWs. One has to be a migrant Filipino worker to use this to its full potential. It is an essential mobile app for the OFWs, especially the OWWA members who are abroad or are in no capacity to visit the OWWA offices.
In case you want or need to know more about the things you need to secure in order to register and activate your OWWA Mobile App account, please see the following list of general membership requirements:
- OWWA OFW information sheet (available on the OWWA website)
Note: To register for the OWWA Mobile App, you can quickly just enter your details in the app itself.
- A photocopy of the passport page with photo and personal information
- Employment Pass or Work Permit Card
- Employment Contract
- Membership Fee of 25 USD (it varies depending on the destination country’s foreign currency equivalent, ranging from Php 1,000 to Php 1,500)
5-Step Process on OWWA Mobile App Registration Procedure
Before you can avail of the convenient services that the OWWA Mobile App offers, you need to follow the 5-step process on how you can download and install the app, log in, register, and renew your OWWA member account via your smartphone:
1. Download and install the OWWA Mobile Application.
There are two ways to do so, and it will depend on the type of mobile device where you can install the mobile app depending on the phone you use:
For Android users: Search for “OWWA Mobile App” on Google Play or visit the link to the app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.owwa&hl=en&gl=US.
For iOS users: Search for “OWWA App” on Apple Store or visit this link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/owwa-app/id1437249504.
2. Register for an OWWA account or log in to your account.
Using the OWWA Mobile App means starting with registering for an account or logging in to the OWWA Mobile App account. If you need help in doing so, you can follow these steps to either register or log into your account.
No account yet: Registering for an OWWA Mobile App account.
Once the mobile app is installed, you can start registering for a new account. Here are the steps to register for one:
- Open the OWWA Mobile App.
- Tap on the Login icon in the OWWA Mobile App.
If you haven’t registered yet, click the “Don’t have an account? Sign up here” button.
- Once you have filled up the registration form entirely by keying in all the relevant information and verifying whether you have accurately entered all the necessary information into the form, tap the “Register” button.
- You’ll get a notification confirming that you’ve been registered, and they will send your login credentials through email.
- Once you have opened the OWWA Support email with your account’s username and password, return to the OWWA Mobile App.
- Login to your account with the login credentials you have received.
Existing OWWA Mobile App: How to login to your account
If you already have an existing OWWA account, you can just log into your existing OWWA account. You can use the username and password you were given when you created or registered your account.
To do so,
- Open the OWWA Mobile App.
- Select the Login icon on the OWWA Mobile App.
- Enter your registered username and password.
Once you do, you will see the app’s main page along with four major options: Login, Renew Membership, Hotlines, and Programs and Services.
3. Verify your Overseas Workers Welfare Association (OWWA) membership status.
- Visit the OWWA Information tab to check and see whether you’re an Active or an Inactive OWWA member.
- If the status is ACTIVE, your OWWA membership will remain valid until expiration.
- If the status is already tagged as INACTIVE, you will have the choice to renew your membership.
- Tap the Renew Membership Here! Button to renew your membership.
4. Pay for OWWA Membership Fee via the Mobile App
To pay the Membership fee, you can finish up with the registration. Here’s what to do next:
- Wait for a new window to appear. This window will show that most of the information has already been entered. To continue, simply enter your employment position and the contract period.
- Press the Submit button.
- Pick one of the four ways to settle your OWWA fees, whether the membership fee or their membership renewal fee, through the following:
LandBank/OFBank ATM card
When using your LandBank/OFBank ATM card online, here are the steps for payment of OWWA via Landbank or OFBank ATM account:
- Enter your LandBank or OFBank account number, then tap the Submit button.
- Check the tick box next to the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter the One-Time Password (OTP) the app provided to your registered phone number.
- Input the PIN for the ATM card that you will be using.
- Click the Submit button, and you should see a display window with the payment confirmation and transaction details if the payment is successful.
BancNet is also another payment option for OWWA membership and renewal fees. Here’s how to pay the OWWA fees via BancNet:
- Go to the OWWA Mobile App’s Payment Options page and select BancNet.
- From the dropdown box, select the bank of choice.
- Enter the ATM card number and double-check everything.
- Press the Submit button and check the display window for the payment confirmation and transaction details if the payment is successful.
List of BancNet Banks you can access:
For options regarding the Bancnet bank accounts that you can use to pay for the OWWA membership and renewal fees, then here are your options:
- Asia United Bank
- BPI Direct BanKo
- CTBC Bank
- Citystate Savings Bank
- Enterprise Bank
- Entrepreneur Bank
- Equicom Savings Bank
- Luzon Development Bank
- MASS SPECC
- Malayan Bank
- Overseas Filipino Bank
- Philippine Business Bank
- Philtrust Bank
- Sterling Bank of Asia
- Sun Savings Bank
Cash via Payment Facility
Cash is also an acceptable payment. To use cash, you just need to go to the payment center and present a printed transaction and go to the payment center.
If you intend to pay your OWWA fees with cash, then here are the steps to do so:
- From the list of the available Payment Options, choose Cash Payment.
- From the dropdown method, select the payment method.
- Review the payment information, then press Proceed.
- Print the transaction information, go to the payment facility, then pay the appropriate fees.
If you are paying with a different bank, you may choose your preferred bank to pay the OWWA membership fee. Here are the steps that you need to follow when paying via the “Other banks”:
- Go to the Payment Options page, then select “Other Banks.”
- Decide which bank you wish to use to pay the charges.
- To finalize the payment, follow the on-screen instructions. Once completed, it will display the payment confirmation and transaction details if the payment is successful.
5. Confirm your membership status.
To confirm the membership status, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the Information tab to check if you’re an OWWA member.
- Once the payment has been received, the status will change to ACTIVE, and the validity date will be updated.
- You may also look up the Official Receipt (OR) number and date of the most recent payment made to the account via your payment history.
So, this 5-step process is relatively easy to follow and can help you access the services available in the OWWA application.
Important Reminders when using the OWWA Mobile App
Here are some important guidelines and reminders so they can be aware of using the OWWA Mobile App.
- The OFWs trying to register for OWWA membership will get instructions on paying for their OWWA membership dues amounting to Php 1,000 and up to Php 1,500.
- The OFW members will receive an e-receipt via their email addresses.
- The new OWWA members can then participate in OWWA’s regular activities, services, and special programs via the OWWA Mobile App.
Video: Everything that You Need to Know About the OWWA Member Mobile App for OFWs
The OWWA Mobile App has been a good way for OWWA to make the services and benefits more easily accessible to its OFW members. Since it launched, numerous videos explaining the procedures on how to download, install, and use the OWWA Mobile App have circulated in the market.
Here are some of them:
Watch this first video clip to see the step-by-step procedures for signing up for the OWWA mobile app and verifying the status of your OWWA membership.
This video shows how the OWWA account online registration works, especially if it is done via the mobile app. Please be guided accordingly:
OFWs have already started using the OWWA Mobile App. While some enjoy the use of the app, some others take it upon themselves to show their fellow OFWs how to work out and use this important mobile application.
For information on the full features of the OWWA Mobile App and the benefits that all the OFWs can get from using it, then this video is a must-watch:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some of the most common questions and answers (Q&A) related to the OWWA Mobile application for your reference.
1. What is the Overseas Workers Welfare Association (OWWA) Mobile App?
The OWWA App is an easy and convenient tool, a mobile application program that allows OFW members to access their benefits and services worldwide. It also offers OFWs the chance to stay updated on the latest programs and projects by the office, check and update their membership, and provide exceptional services and benefits at their fingertips.
2. How do I download the OWWA Mobile App?
You can download the OWWA Mobile App via smartphone via the Google Play Store for Android users. You may also do so via the Apple Store if you are an iOS user. Search for either “OWWA App” or “OWWA Mobile App” to download and install the app.
3. Is the OWWA App free to download?
Yes, the OWWA Mobile App is a free-to-download application that can be made available across all mobile devices.
4. Is downloading the OWWA App required to be an OWWA member?
No, downloading the OWWA App is not a precursor to becoming an OWWA member. You do not need to download the OWWA mobile app to register as an OWWA member. Having the app only makes it easier and more convenient for OFWs to be OWWA members, but it isn’t a requirement.
5. What are the significant benefits of downloading the OWWA Mobile app?
Downloading the app allows OFW members to do so many things that would have been otherwise inconvenient for them to do. The in-app options that the OWWA Mobile App will enable them to check, renew, and pay for their membership, stay updated on the OWWA activities, and find the contact information of all OWWA offices nationwide.
6. I’m having a problem registering in the app. What should I do next?
Suppose there is a problem with account registration via the OWWA Mobile App. In that case, it might have something to do with some missing information in the registration form or weak Internet connectivity. There should be an alert notification on the screen, followed by an email containing your registration approval and login information which you can use to log into the app.
7. Are the OWWA app and Uwian Na App the same?
No, while the OWWA app and the Uwian Na App are OWWA-managed applications, they were created for different purposes. While the OWWA Mobile App is an all-around application designed to make OWWA programs, services, and updates easily accessible, the OWWA Uwian Na App was created to assist migrant Filipino workers. They need to go back to the Philippines during this time of the crisis.
8. How can I check my membership status if I don’t have a smartphone?
If you do not have a smartphone and need to check on your membership, you may review and update your OWWA membership status online via this website link: https://owwa.gov.ph/. Members may also visit the nearest OWWA Regional Welfare or Satellite offices in the Philippines or the designated POLO office if they’re abroad.
9. How much is the OWWA membership fee?
The OWWA membership fee varies from Php 1,000 to Php 1,500, basically amounting to USD 25 every two years. After your mobile app registration, you can simply ask your family to deposit the payment in selected payment centers.
10. Is the OWWA membership fee a one-time fee?
No. The membership fee is valid for two (2) years, and this fee remains the same regardless of the contract period, employer, job site, or agency. With the OWWA mobile app, you will receive a notification when your renewal period comes.
The OWWA mobile app makes it even more convenient for OFWs to access all the services and benefits that an OWWA membership entails. This only means you do not need to call, email, or even visit any OWWA Regional Offices, Philippine Consulate, Embassy, or POLO Offices in the Philippines to transact with OWWA. You have to go and use your smartphone to do so by going through the Mobile App.
OWWA is doing its best to provide more accessible services and programs by reaching out to more Filipinos. With the information and process guide regarding the OWWA Mobile App, users can have an easier way of using and navigating the app, allowing them to maximize their time and ensure that they can use the OWWA app for their convenience in this unpredictable, fast-paced digital age.
The app also does away with crazy long lines associated with common government offices, allowing millions of OFWs to ensure their hard work is always paying off.
While the mobile app is not a requirement for being an OFW member of OWWA, keeping this app is advantageous to the OFW members as it helps with community and nation-building activities. It also helps as it allows the Philippine government to get first-hand feedback on improving its programs and policies for migrant Filipino workers, their families, and dependents.
The OWWA app makes it much easier and more convenient to stay updated regarding OWWA. As a Filipino-designed app, the OWWA Mobile App attests to the Filipinos’ innate warmth and thoughtfulness. It embodies genuine service as well as the spirit of the Filipino Bayanihan, virtually and at the touch of their fingertips.
For more questions, inquiries, or concerns related to the OWWA Mobile App, then here’s the complete contact information of the Overseas Workers Welfare Association (OWWA).
Overseas Workers Welfare Association (OWWA) Central Office
Office Address: F.B. Harrison St, Pasay, Metro Manila
Tel. No.: (02) 8891-7601 to 24
Hotline No.: Metro Manila / Cellphone: 1348, Regional: (02) 1348, International: (+632) 1348
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you opt to visit the OWWA Offices instead, you may either check their complete addresses and contact information or send your concerns and inquiries via email to email@example.com.