The DMW eRegistration Portal is intended for OFWs who need to be registered in the Philippine records. This online portal site is a web-based system that aims to make the registration procedure for Filipino overseas workers easier. It was formerly called POEA eRegistration (POEA eReg) but since POEA is now managed by the DMW office, the systems are also merged into the new DMW portal.
The Department of Migrant Workers Philippines is a government agency that assists Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs). Under Executive Order No. 56, this department was established in 2017, and it has been effective in assisting OFWs since then. While the Department of Migrant Workers assists OFW families and individuals in a variety of ways, one of its primary functions is to process labor contracts and facilitate international recruitment services so that Filipinos can successfully find jobs abroad.
The DMW will be in charge of everything relating to OFWs in a comprehensive and coordinated manner. This article will explain what DMW eRegistration Online Services are and how to register in the DMW online service portal. Continue reading to learn more.
What is the DMW (Department of Migrant Workers) Office?
The Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) is the executive department of the Philippine government. It was established by Republic Act No. 11641, signed by President Rodrigo Roa Duterte on December 30, 2021.
The DMW assumes and performs all of the powers and functions of seven merged agencies, namely:
- International Labor Affairs Bureau (ILAB)
- National Maritime Polytechnic (NMP)
- National Reintegration Center for OFWs (NRC) under the OWWA
- Office of the Social Welfare Attaché (OSWA) under the DSWD.
- Office of the Undersecretary for Migrant Workers’ Affairs (OUMWA) of the DFA
- Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA)
- Philippine Overseas Labor Offices (POLO) under DOLE
DMW is also tasked with promoting OFW empowerment and protection through ongoing training and knowledge development.
What is the DMW Online Services Portal?
The DMW online service portal is a web-based platform designed to make it easier for Filipino overseas workers to register. The portal includes an online application form that the applicant can complete.
The DMW online service portal is a convenient way for Filipino overseas workers to complete their chosen services, and it is anticipated that it will help to reduce the time and effort required.
Features of the DMW Online Services Website
The DMW Online Services Website offers a variety of useful links, forms, information, and services. The following are featured on the DMW Online Services Website:
When you click Issuances, you will see the different kinds of issuances issued by the Department, such as Administrative Orders, Advisories, Department Orders, Joint Circulars, and Subsumed Agencies.
By clicking Online Services, you will be directed to the various types of online services provided by DMW.
- BM Processing – OFWs with at least two years of overseas experience, a valid passport, and an exit clearance from their employer are eligible to apply for BM processing.
- Direct-Hire Processing – To apply for direct hire processing, applicants/workers must first create an account on the DMW portal. If they meet the requirements, DMW will issue them a letter of authority and require them to submit a copy of their passport and visa as proof that they have been legally hired to work oversea. They must bring these documents with them to the PEOS when applying for BM processing.
- E-Registration – DMW E-Registration entails creating a profile on the DMW Online Services Portal, the most recent digital platform for OFWs. This system requires all land-based, sea-based, and aspiring overseas Filipino workers to register.
- OFW Records – OFWs with a valid passport and an exit clearance from their employer who has been working overseas for at least one year are eligible to apply for the OFW records.
- Online Recruitment Authority Application (ORAA) – The applicant’s job application for the position of Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) is handled by this ORAA System. All DOLE-accredited recruitment agencies and embassies around the world can use the system. It allows applicants to apply online from their home country. After they submit their application and all required documents, the employer may, for a fee, issue them an employment contract or letter of appointment.
- Pre-Employment Orientation Seminar (PEOS) – PEOS is a free seminar designed to educate job applicants on basic workplace rules and regulations. It is also a place where they can learn about their rights as employees and how the law protects those rights. Before being deployed or given a position, all applicants who want to work for the government or any of its agencies must attend this seminar.
Licensed Recruitment Agencies
Licensed Recruitment Agencies will provide you with a list of all recruitment agencies licensed by the POEA to recruit Filipino workers for overseas jobs, both on land and at sea. It also included agencies that had been closed down or were permanently prohibited from participating in the recruitment industry, as well as agencies whose licenses had been canceled or suspended.
Approved Job Orders
Approved Job Orders shows a list of licensed recruitment agencies’ approved job orders. The list was compiled from the active job orders of licensed recruitment agencies over the last two (2) years, and it represents the remaining job orders after deducting the number of workers whose documents have already been submitted to POEA for processing.
Unless canceled by the employer or recruitment agency, job orders are considered active.
When you click procurement, you will be taken to a page that displays DMW Bid, Awards, and Request for Quotation.
FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
The FAQs will help you find answers to your questions about Balik-Manggagawa (POPS-BAM) and Direct Hire.
How to Register in the DMW eRegistration Online Service Portal
Here’s a step-by-step procedure to create an account:
Step 1: Visit the POEA Online Service Website here – https://onlineservices.dmw.gov.ph//onlineservices/poeaonline.aspx
Step 2: Click the “Let’s go” button on e-Registration
Step 4: Fill in the required information and then click register (a message will display indicating that your registration was “Successful”)
Step 5: Log in to the email address you provided when you registered (there is a message containing your “temporary password”)
Step 6: Return to the link provided in Step 1 and login using the registered email address, then click “next.”
Step 7: Use the temporary password sent to your email, then click “log in.”
Step 8: Set your preferred password.
Step 9: Update your profile by clicking “My Profile,” after completing your profile, click “Update Profile” on the upper right side of the page
Step 10: Input your identification data (passport) and beneficiary on your profile
Step 11: Check that everything is legitimate and correct. That’s all! You have now created an eRegistration Portal account.
Video: How to Register DMW online II POEA II OFW
Joby Maxilom, an OFW YouTuber, shares his experience with creating an account and registering for DMW eRegistration. The YouTuber also discusses job opportunities. To learn more about eRegistration and how to create and register an account, watch the video vlog below.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any further questions regarding “DMW eRegistration Online Services (POEA eReg Portal)”, see the list of frequently asked questions and answers below.
1. Who benefits from the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW)?
The Department of Migrant Workers’ establishment will be beneficial to migrant workers and their families. In addition to providing education and training programs, the department also provides legal and counseling services.
2. What is the Department of Migrant Workers’ purpose?
In addition to collaborating with other government agencies, the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) is responsible for overseeing the establishment of migrant worker policies, as well as the regulation of recruitment and deployment agencies.
3. What is the main objective of the Department of Migrant Workers?
The Department of Migrant Workers’ main objective is to help OFWs who have fallen victim to mistreatment and illegal recruitment.
They also assist OFWs who are victims of human trafficking, a kind of modern slavery that involves the use of coercion, fraud, or force for the purpose of exploitation.
4. Can I change the email address I used to register for my account?
The email address you entered when creating a BM Online or POPS-BAM account can no longer be changed. Your permanent user ID for accessing your account is your registered email address.
5. I entered my name and birth year incorrectly in my DMW account. What can I do to change this?
It is recommended that you provide accurate information when registering for a DMW account. If you entered your name, birth date, or gender incorrectly, you can correct the information by doing the following:
Step 1: Go to the DMW Online Services Portal – https://onIineservices.dmw.gov.ph/OnIineServices/POEAOnline.aspx
Step 2: Scroll down to DMW Helpdesk and press the “Create Ticket” button.
Step 3: Click “Continue” when you see “Welcome to Online HelpDesk.”
Step 4: Select “Online Services eRegistration” as the service.
Step 5: Go to “Edit Account Problem – Name, Birthday, or Gender.”
Step 6: Select “I know my eRegistration number and email address.”
Step 7: Enter your eRegistration number as well as your email address.
Step 8: Select a Processing Site near you
Step 9: Enter your contact information and any additional information about your concern.
Step 10: Attach your passport copy page and press the “Upload” button.
Step 11: To confirm, click “Submit Ticket” and “Yes.”
Step 12: Save the Ticket Number so you can check for updates later.
6. How do I update the information on my POPS-BAM account?
Simply sign into your POPS-BAM account and select the “Edit” option on the “My Profile” page to update your information. You may edit certain fields in the Personal Data, Contract Particulars, and Legal Beneficiaries forms.
7. How do I transfer my POEA account to DMW eRegistration?
Every OFW and seafarer is required to have an eRegistration account. The procedure is simple. You do not need to create a new account if you already have an eRegistration account from the POEA. Your information will be transferred to the DMW eRegistration platform.
Everyone must register and create an account on the DMW eRegistration Online Services Portal, including current, returning, and prospective OFWs. You can use this portal to apply for an OEC, acquire an OEC exemption, schedule an appointment with the POEA, and gain access to other OFW services.
DMW Online Services, in addition to DMW eRegistration, provides services such as BM Processing, Direct-Hire Processing, OFW Records, Online Recruitment Authority Application (ORAA), and Pre-Employment Orientation Seminar (PEOS).