Another scholarship program that is created by OWWA to help the dependents of the OFWs affected by the pandemic is Project EASE (Educational Assistance through Scholarship in Emergencies). This program is only the intervention made by the OWWA to help overseas Filipino workers amid the pandemic, especially to its dependents.
Also Read: Complete List of OWWA Scholarship Programs
If you want to know more about this program, we have prepared a full guide about Project EASE (Educational Assistance through Scholarship in Emergencies) and step-by-step instructions, and a guide on how to apply.
What is the Project EASE (Educational Assistance through Scholarship in Emergencies)?
Project EASE or Educational Assistance through Scholarship in Emergencies is a new educational assistance program of OWWA for the eligible children of active OWWA members who are distressed, have been displaced, and have lost their jobs due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This program aims to help eligible college-level dependents of active OWWA member OFWs that were affected by the pandemic. Active OWWA members could mean that an overseas Filipino Worker can either be a Land-based worker, a Sea-based worker, or a Balik Manggagawa.
When you qualify for the Project EASE scholarship program, you are entitled to receive a Php 10,000. This is to enable one (1) college-level dependent of an OFW who was repatriated to lose his job during the COVID-19 pandemic. This aims to help subsidize the cost of OFW who was displaced abroad.
Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet when you intend to apply for the Project EASE.
- The OFW must be an active member of OWWA.
- The dependents of an OFW are as follows:
- For married OFWs, the child must be single and under the age of 30.
- For single OFWs, the dependent must be a single child, sibling, or niece, that are under the age of 30.
For OFW dependents, they must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- They must be a Filipino citizen.
- Incoming college freshman or currently enrolled in college
- They must meet the University’s current admission and retention criteria and have not met the University’s overall residency policy.
- The dependent hasn’t been kicked out of the University.
- They must be enrolled in a CHED-approved undergraduate post-secondary program.
- They must be a dependent of an OFW who was repatriated or displaced during the COVID-19 pandemic as certified by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
- More importantly, the dependent must not be a recipient of a government scholarship award.
Below are the Project EASE documentary requirements that you have to secure and provide when you apply for this program.
- A duly accomplished Application Form for Project-EASE.
- An OFW member’s valid passport
- A flight ticket or boarding pass as well as an arrival stamp or sticker in the passport. This will serve as proof that the active OWWA member has entered the country after February 1, 2020.
- For validation, you must present proof of OWWA membership or an official receipt.
- Proof of relationship to the OFW (any of the following):
- Birth Certificate of a child if the active members of OWWA is Married or Single Parent.
- CENOMAR of OFW and Birth Certificate of OFW siblings if the active OWWA member OFW is single.
- Certificate of Grade of the Dependent from the last School Year or Semester attended. Students may be incoming freshman or currently enrolled.
How to Get Project EASE Scholarship from OWWA
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you out with your application for the Project EASE program.
Step 1: Access and download the Application Form here – https://ease.owwa.gov.ph/ or go to the nearest OWWA RWO for the Application Form.
Step 2: Accomplish the Application Form.
Step 3: Secure and complete all the documentary requirements.
Step 4: Verify all the entered information.
Step 5: Submit all the documents through the Regional Office or submit to OWWA RWO email. You may also use Courier Services to deliver or submit your application.
Step 6: After submitting an application, a reference/tracking number is sent thru SMS or email that can also be used in tracking the status of your application.
Step 7: Wait for a call or response from OWWA. You will be notified once you qualify for the Project EASE program.
Step 8: You may also check the status of your application at EASE Tracker Online here – https://easetracker.owwa.gov.ph/.
Step 9: If your application is approved, you will be receiving an email of a Scholarship Agreement that is downloadable for your signature and notarization.
Step 10: Lastly, you have to print, sign, and notarize the Scholarship Agreement Form and return it to your local OWWA office via courier. Then, you’ll be receiving an SMS how to claim the grant.
Here are some of the important reminders and guidelines when you apply for the Project EASE program.
- If you applied for the Project EASE program, you will receive a serial reference or tracking number via SMS or email to track the status of your application.
- For the applicants who have submitted incomplete or invalid requirements, you will be informed of the missing or invalidated requirements via SMS or email.
- A downloadable and printable Scholarship Agreement will also be sent to the applicant for signature and notarization after the application has been accepted.
- Then, the signed and notarized Scholarship Agreements shall be returned to the concerned RWO by any courier service.
Video: How to Apply OWWA Project EASE Scholarship for OFWs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-a2ZP1ONgI
Check out the video through the link provided above to get a better idea about the Project EASE program for the OFWs. This video is about the process you have to go through when you will apply for the EASE program. Hence, if you are an overseas Filipino worker and wish to avail yourself of Project EASE, you might find this video helpful.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I still apply for Project EASE even I have an inactive OWWA membership?
To apply for Project EASE, you must have an active OWWA membership since this program aims to provide financial aid to those eligible college-level dependents of active OWWA members or OFWs whose jobs were affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. How much is the monetary assistance?
Project EASE provides financial aid or assistance amounting to Php 10,000 per year over a four-year duration.
3. My spouse and I are active OWWA members. Can we two apply separately for the Project Ease?
OFW couples who are eligible for Project EASE are entitled to avail of one (1) slot only. Hence, you cannot apply for two separate slots.
4. I am a SEA-BASED OFW active member, can I qualify to receive grant from the Project EASE?
Project EASE covers the qualified dependent of active OWWA members may it be either they are land-based, sea-based, or Balik Manggagawa at the time of their repatriation in the country when the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak on February 1, 2020, up until the pandemic is hereby declared by the World Health Organization (WHO) or other competent authorities as controlled or managed.
5. Can an OFW dependent be a beneficiary of Project EASE and another grant at the same time?
If an OFW dependent is already a beneficiary of another grant such as the Education for Development Scholarship (EDSP), OFW Dependent Scholarship Program (ODSP), or Education for Livelihood Assistance Program (ELAP), you are ineligible to apply for Project EASE. Hence, if you wish to avail of financial aid from Project EASE, you must not be a beneficiary of any grant or financial assistance from OWWA.
6. If I applied for Project EASE, is my application guaranteed?
Applying for the grant does not guarantee a slot to avail of financial aid from Project EASE since all the applications are thoroughly screened and undergo a screening and assessment process by the RWO along with the other representative partner agencies.
7. How will I be able to receive the grant from Project EASE?
Successful or approved applicants must never forget to include their active bank account information when they submitted an application to which the grant will be sent. Otherwise, the financial grant will be sent to their OFW contact or relative.
Hence, this is the process of applying for the Project EASE program of OWWA for overseas Filipino workers who were affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. When applying for Project EASE, just bear in mind that you must be an active OWWA member to become eligible for the grant.
You must also secure and attached all the required documents along with your application form and ensure that you have filled out all the required fields and verify whether all the information you have provided is accurate. This is to avoid delays in the processing of your documents and application.
If you have further questions about the status of your application, you can check it through the EASE tracker online here – https://easetracker.owwa.gov.ph/ and if you want to know the other scholarship programs offered by OWWA, you can look for it on their official website here – http://www.owwa.gov.ph/ or visit their official Facebook page for the latest updates at https://facebook.com/OWWAofficial