Filipinos are known to be skillful in working around the realm of information technology and it is good to know that the Overseas Workers Welfare Association (OWWA) offers free information technology training for Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents to develop their skills even more.
Also Read: Complete List of OWWA Scholarship Programs
This program is known as OWWA-Information Technology (IT) Training Program. A free program that offers free training in a variety of information technology that is intended for both active and inactive OWWA members, as well as their qualified dependents.
What is the OWWA – Information Technology (IT) Program?
The OWWA-Information Technology (IT) Training Program is a free educational training program that offers training in a variety of information technology skills. The goal is to help OFWs students build a solid foundation of fundamental knowledge and technological proficiency so they can able to expand their IT literacy.
Both active and inactive OWWA members, as well as their qualified dependents, are eligible for the program. The eligible dependents must present identification and confirmation of their connection to the OFW member.
This program is open to both active and inactive members of OWWA and there are greater benefits that the eligible applicants can acquire.
- It is just a free training program that could help develop your Information Technology skills.
- Eligible applicants can select the nearest branch near them that is available for the location of the training.
- You could be able to use this training to up boost your knowledge and skills regarding computer literacy because this training covers basic computer and Microsoft operations like word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation making to upgrade knowledge in some computer operations.
The following is the list of qualification requirements that aspiring applicants must meet to be eligible applicants.
- It is open to all active or inactive OWWA members.
- The dependent applicants should have proof of identity stating their relationship to the OWWA member
- A married or single parent is also eligible to apply.
- The spouse of the OWWA member.
- If the OFW member is single, the single sibling or at least a high school graduate that is 20 years old and below is also qualified to acquire free training.
Here is a list of the necessary documents that you must provide to qualify for the free IT training if you want to improve your computer-related abilities and knowledge.
- Duly accomplished application form.
- Valid IDs of the applicants and the OFW member
- Proof of relationship to the OWWA member (birth certificate, NSO, marriage contract, etc.)
- Proof of OWWA member (OR of OWWA membership contribution)
How to Enroll in Information Technology Training by OWWA
To the applicants who wish to have free training in a variety of information technology skills, the following are the step-by-step guide and instructions for applying for a free training program of OWWA.
Step 1: Go to the nearest OWWA Regional Office near you to get an application form.
Step 2: Next, complete the application form by entering all necessary data. Please read it thoroughly before submitting it.
Step 3: After that, submit your application form to the nearest OWWA satellite office in your area.
Step 4: Just wait for a confirmation message of your application process from the OWWA representatives.
Attached hereof are some important points that aspiring applicants need to remember before applying.
- The OWWA-Information Technology (IT) Training Program is a short-term training program only.
- If you are a dependent applicant you must present proof of relationship to the OWWA member.
- If you have more questions or concerns regarding the program you can visit their official website www.owwa.gov.ph or you may also click their official Facebook page at www.facebook.com/OWWAofficial or you can download their app OWWA Mobile App to stay connected at the OWWA community.
Video: OWWA Information Technology Training Program for Active and Non-Active OWWA Members
Check out the video provided through the link above to better understand the Information Technology (IT) Training Program as it discusses here the purpose of this program and the process that you must undergo when you apply. Additionally, you’ll be able to know ahead of the expected things that you might encounter during the training program.
Aside from that, If you wish to know the things that trainees do in the training, you can also watch this video below:
This video will allow you to take at least a glance at the activities that they do inside the said training. Here, it is so evident that every trainee is provided with their computer inside the computer room. You’ll also see how the training works as well as the expected training you’ll be receiving to become computer literate. Hence, this video is kind of helpful if you wish to see the type of training program the OWWA offers for its members and its dependents.
Thus, it is much better if you will watch the video by yourself for you to see real things that they do inside the training. It is also helpful and a great advantage to know these things and tips before applying to the seminar.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I want to apply for this training program however I don’t have time to go to the nearest OWWA office at our place. Is there anyone that I can call on or what websites can I visit online?
If you are an interested applicant and if you don’t have enough time to go to the nearest OWWA offices in your location you can also call on their telephone number 8891-7601 or you can also email them through firstname.lastname@example.org or you can visit their Facebook page at https://web.facebook.com/OWWAofficial.
2. I would like to apply for the free IT training at OWWA however we are in the province area. Is it available to all OWWA offices in the Philippines?
Due to the agency’s tight budget, this free IT training program appears to be only available in some OWWA satellite offices which is why it is suggested that it is important to ask for assistance online or you can go to the nearest office of OWWA near you, however, it is also accessible at all OWWA Informatics branches nationally.
3. I am interested to acquire a free IT training program offered by OWWA, is it guaranteed that I will be accepted right after my application process?
Applicants for this free training program must go through a verification process and it is not guaranteed that the OWWA will accept your application right away because they need to validate your application first before accepting your application so therefore applicants are suggested to know first what is the training all about and the qualification standards that the OWWA set thereof. Aside from that, the applicants were also advised to comply with all the documents needed for the application and after the application is done, they need to wait first until the OWWA personnel notified them regarding the status of their application. This can be done through calls, texts, and mail.
4. How long will it take before I will know that my application is accepted and I am eligible to have free OWWA-IT Training?
There is no specified time set before the application is accepted but the OWWA personnel will going to send you a notification regarding your application it is much better if you can visit the OWWA office near so they can assist you with the status of your application.
5. Will I receive a financial grant for this program?
The OWWA-Information Technology (IT) Training Program is just a free training program intended for OFWs and their dependents however all qualified applicants are not entitled to receive financial grants they will be given a notice of award where they present in their training centers.
6. What are the training courses that OWWA-Information Technology offered?
The OWWA-Information Technology (IT) Training Program offers the following basic computer courses including basic computer operations, digital media arts training, word processing (Microsoft word), spreadsheet (Microsoft excel operations), presentation (Microsoft PowerPoint presentation), desktop publishing (MS Office Publisher), windows movie maker, adobe Photoshop.
7. Can inactive OWWA members still eligible to attend and participate in the IT program?
The IT program is open for all OWWA members (active or inactive) as well as their dependents. Hence, you do not have to worry if you have an inactive OWWA membership – you can still apply to attend this seminar or training program.
Hence, this is the process of applying for the IT training program that is offered by OWWA for its members and its dependents. This is a free IT training program that aims to develop their literacy using information technology and other tech equipment. Additionally, you do not have to worry about the fee because there will be none since it is a free training program. you just have to process and submit all the required documents to attend the seminar.
If you have some concerns or questions, you may use contact them on their Facebook page here – https://facebook.com/OWWAofficial or you can also visit their nearest offices in your location.